Foodfort 2020 is more than just food — there’s coffee too!
Foodfort will host Boise’s first coffee brewer showdown, where talented coffee professionals compete to craft the ultimate cup of coffee. There will also be a coffee talk where you’ll explore the world of specialty coffee and learn a few trade secrets along the way.
All Foodfort coffee events will take place at Form & Function. These events are free and open to the public.
COFFEE BREWER’S CUP
Friday, March 27, 10am @ Form & Function
This is your chance to meet some of the faces behind your favorite local roasters and watch as they go head to head for the brewer’s crown. Come see what it takes to produce the pinnacle coffee experience and cheer on your favorite brewer as we explore the world of specialty coffee on Friday, March 27th at 10am at Form & Function.
We are thrilled to welcome judges Amanda Amato of Royal Coffee; founder of Matchbook Coffee Project and co-founder of the 444 Collaborative Izzy Fraire; and local educator, former coffee professional, and SCAA Symposium Fellow Chris Bryner.
Want to prove your coffee skills, hang out with other coffee enthusiasts, share your favorite pour over recipe, and maybe learn a thing or two? Click here to register to participate in Boise’s very first Brewer’s Cup.
Prizes will be awarded for the top three participants. Winners will receive prize packages including specialty coffee equipment, a coffee subscription, t-shirts, pins, stickers, and more!
Whether you want to compete or just observe the rituals, don’t miss your chance to be a part of this inaugural event.
Here are the rules:
• Competitors have 5 minutes to set up, and 10 minutes to prepare 3 separate cups of coffee
• Competitors to give a brief presentation of the coffee and the selected brewing method during their 10 minute service
• Must use a manual brewing device
• Brewing device can be any make, design, or brand as long as it is not mechanical or electrical in design
• Can use any water, kettle, grinder, coffee, or grind sifter
• Can choose music for service
• We will provide an Ek43, Fellow kettles, hot water, can help procure brewing equipment if needed, and cups for serving.
• Judging will be based on technique, presentation, and perfection in the cup.
COFFEE CUPPING WITH FORM & FUNCTION
Saturday, March 28, & Sunday, March 29, 10-11am @ Form & Function
Join us as we explore the world of specialty coffee and learn a few trade secrets along the way. Participants will have the chance to taste a variety of coffees and learn how to detect the individual flavors held within each origin. This will be a playful event that will leave you with a greater appreciation of a product you’ve been enjoying your whole life! Consider taking the primer course with Foodfort’s Friday panel, Tasting Notes, to get your palate sharpened before the cupping.
Each cupping will be limited to 15 participants — please arrive early to ensure your spot!